Answered By: Amy Sisson Last Updated: Sep 13, 2017 Views: 46
Yes. If you wish to get remote access to all of The TMC Library's resources from outside of the library, you need to register with your Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) e-mail address. This is because our licensing agreements with the vendors who provide our content only allow us to offer remote access to our patrons from academic, degree-granting institutions.
The following is a list of all of the academic institutions whose faculty, staff, and students are eligible for remote access to all of our electronic resources:
- Baylor College of Medicine
- HCC Coleman College for Health Sciences
- Prairie View A&M University College of Nursing
- Texas Southern University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- Texas Woman’s University – Institute of Health Sciences, Houston Center
- UTHealth- All Institutions
- UT MD Anderson Cancer Center (includes Texas Heart Institute)
- University of Houston College of Optometry
- University of Houston College of Pharmacy
NOTE: Other registered users and the public have limited remote access to the Library’s electronic resources, such as open-access e-journals, databases, and websites. In addition, the resources restricted to our academic users can still be accessed by anyone visiting the Library in person.